Great fun was had at the 2019 33rd annual Sandestin Wine Festival – results of this 4 day event, hosted over 4,000 in attendance, by 350 volunteers who worked 1,500 hours of service, raising $22,500 for our Fisher House. Keith Brown, squadron members from the 513th, Sheila and Wayne Williams, along with many others led this effort with several hundred big hearts.
To sign up for 2021, click here.
Please note the new sign up times, as the event times have changed, altering volunteer shifts. We enjoy many returning volunteers who make light of this big assignment each year and we want you informed.
- To volunteer electronically, please click here.
- Volunteers are not allowed to drink before OR during their Volunteer shift as a professional courtesy. Please do not wear your souvenir t-shirt when you are enjoying the festival on your own time.
- Volunteers are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis and Saturday pouring shifts will be filled ahead of Friday pouring shifts. The earlier your information is received, the more successful this event on behalf of our Fisher House! Shifts will be finalized early in April and confirmations of registration will be sent at that time.
- Please watch the required video to ensure we are keeping it safe and legal on behalf of our community partner. Responsible Vendor Forms Friday. Responsible Vendor Forms Saturday (The only difference is the date eligible to taste, very important.)
- Please complete the Responsible Vendor Acknoledgement 2021 on the last page of the training guide and bring with you to check-in to expedite check-in. It is not necessary to send the form ahead of the event this year.
Info for Volunteers:
- Once you have watched the video and read the guide, please sign the last page and bring with you the day of the event.
- The festival is at the Village of Baytowne Wharf in Sandestin. The address is 9100 Emerald Coast Parkway, West Miramar Beach, FL 32550.
- All volunteers must check in before their shift at Volunteer Check In. This is located inside the Village. As you enter the breezeway, we will be located to the left near the grassy area.
- Dress is black or khaki shorts or pants for everyone, and comfortable shoes. You will be standing or walking in most cases. Everyone will be given a volunteer t-shirt to wear when they arrive. (Make sure to allow time to change.)
- We will also provide a Fisher House lanyard for you to wear that raises awareness of the great organization you are representing. Volunteer shirts are not to be worn when drinking. The shirt is yours to keep after the event as a souvenir of the great event! Please drop the lanyard off at the check in tent when leaving.
- Purses, keys, valuables, etc. should be securely stored prior to arrival. Lockers are not available and we want your items safe.
- Parking can be difficult during the event, particularly if you are volunteering on later shifts. Plan to allow at least 30 minutes to park. For those of you on the second shifts each day, you may want to allow more time.
- Motorcycles are not allowed in Sandestin. If you drive one, you will be asked to park at the lot near the gate and take the shuttle. Please allow extra time for this.
- As you enter Baytowne off of 98, please use both lanes to get through the guard gate. The sign states owners only in the right lane, but you can disregard for this event only.
- Each volunteer will be trained on what to do when they arrive at the event, so please plan to arrive on time.
- Volunteers are NOT permitted to drink Before OR During their Volunteer shift.
- Water will be available for volunteers at volunteer check in, along with peanuts and licorice. The red wagon flyer will also try to make deliveries out to shifts to keep you hydrated. Food lines can be long due to the popularity of this event. Please be patient and remember we are representing Fisher House.
- As a Wine Festival volunteer, you will receive one complimentary ticket to enjoy the festival for the day you are not volunteering. NEW FOR 2021, SOME SHIFTS HAVE OPTIONAL SAME DAY TICKETS – PLEASE SEE THE SIGN UP FOR EACH SHIFT OR INQUIRE AHEAD – 850.259.4956 OR email@example.com. You can pick up your ticket at Volunteer Check in after your volunteer service is documented. This means if you volunteer Friday, you get a complimentary ticket for Saturday. If you volunteer Saturday, you get a complimentary ticket for Friday.
- Please be flexible as you are volunteering. There may be times when you may be moved to various locations depending on where more help is needed each day. We want this to be a great experience for everyone…volunteers and patrons.
- Phone and text reminders will be sent the day before the event. If you need to reach us the weekend of the festival, please call or text 850-259-4956. Other volunteers may have access to this phone and may not respond timely. Please leave a message or text and your call will be returned as soon as possible.
- If you are pouring and would like to have a training session prior, please make a note on your registration. A faithful volunteer has offered to provide and we are exploring interest.