Registration is now open for this fun, popular event. Reserve your spot now, filling fast!
- To volunteer electronically, please click here.
- Volunteers are not allowed to drink before OR during their Volunteer shift as a professional courtesy. Please do not wear your souvenir t-shirt when you are enjoying the festival on your own time.
- Volunteers are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis and Saturday pouring shifts will be filled ahead of Friday pouring shifts. The earlier your information is received, the more successful this event on behalf of our Fisher House! Confirmations of registration will be sent when you register and reminders sent closer to the event.
- You will be asked to complete a Responsible Vendor Acknowledgement upon arrival. It is not necessary to send the form ahead.
Info for Volunteers:
- The festival is at the Village of Baytowne Wharf in Sandestin. The address is 9300 Emerald Coast Parkway, West Miramar Beach, FL 32550.
- All volunteers must check in before their shift at Volunteer Check In. This is located inside the Village. As you enter the breezeway, we will be located to the left near the grassy area.
- Dress is black or khaki shorts or pants for everyone, and comfortable shoes. You will be standing or walking in most cases. Everyone will be given a volunteer t-shirt to wear when they arrive. (Make sure to allow time to change.)
- We will also provide a Fisher House lanyard for you to wear that raises awareness of the great organization you are representing. Volunteer shirts are not to be worn when drinking. The shirt is yours to keep after the event as a souvenir of the great event! Please drop the lanyard off at the check in tent when leaving.
- Purses, keys, valuables, etc. should be securely stored prior to arrival. Lockers are not available and we want your items safe.
- Parking can be difficult during the event, particularly if you are volunteering on later shifts. Plan to allow at least 30 minutes to park. For those of you on the second shifts each day, you may want to allow more time.
- Motorcycles are not allowed in Sandestin. If you drive one, you will be asked to park at the lot near the gate and take the shuttle. Please allow extra time for this.
- As you enter Baytowne off of 98 at the MAIN entrance across from the water tower, please use the left lane as a visitor to go through the guard gate. Staff will direct you to parking lots to meet shuttles due to tight parking.
- Each volunteer will be trained on what to do when they arrive at the event, so please plan to arrive on time. Pourers will be provided additional instructions on responsible serving.
- Volunteers are NOT permitted to drink Before OR During their Volunteer shift.
- Water will be available for volunteers at volunteer check in, along with peanuts and licorice. Captains will also make deliveries out to shifts to keep you hydrated.
- As a Wine Festival volunteer, you will receive one complimentary ticket to enjoy the festival for the day you are not volunteering. SOME SHIFTS HAVE OPTIONAL SAME DAY TICKETS – PLEASE SEE THE SIGN UP FOR EACH SHIFT OR INQUIRE AHEAD – 850.259.4956 OR firstname.lastname@example.org. You can pick up your ticket at Volunteer Check in after your volunteer service is documented. This means if you volunteer Friday, you get a complimentary ticket for Saturday. If you volunteer Saturday, you get a complimentary ticket for Friday.
- Please be flexible as you are volunteering. There may be times when you may be moved to various locations depending on where more help is needed each day. We want this to be a great experience for everyone…volunteers and patrons.
- Phone and text reminders will be sent the day before the event. If you need to reach us the weekend of the festival, please call or text 850-259-4956. Other volunteers may have access to this phone and may not respond timely. Please leave a message or text and your call will be returned as soon as possible.
- Volunteers this year get FIRST DIBS for early sign up next year! We love our volunteers and our partnership with Baytowne team!
Great fun was had at the 2022 35th annual Sandestin Wine Festival – results of this 4 day event, $30,000 for our mission; 349 volunteers, 1282 hours, hosted 4,000 guests and had an 82% show up rate. Wayne Williams, active duty from Eglin, Hurlburt, Duke and Pensacola NAS, along with many others led this effort with several hundred big hearts. Images here captured courtesy of Jocie Meza.
2021 Results – 256 volunteers, 969 hours, 4,000 guests, $30,000 donation 76% show up rate