Fisher Houses provides a warm, compassionate home away from home where our military and their families receive caring, unconditional support and encouragement. Throughout the year, organizers along the Emerald Coast host events and offer our volunteers the opportunity to work those for donations to our mission. Coming up is the 10th Annual Tequila and Tacos at Baytowne Village in Sandestin. 90 volunteers still needed to make this happen. Sign up here.
Update 5/11 Parking and Pre-Party Info
Pre-party, is located at Black Sheep Tequila PRE PARTY- Friday May 12th from 6pm to 9pm on the beach at the Marina Bar at the Baytowne Marina, live music from”Mishka” unlimited appetizers with Tequila, and Margarita Samplings list)
Parking garage will be filled on Saturday. Please allow up to 20 minutes for trams to return.
Here are the different parking areas in order of what they will probably be parked. When you go through the north gate, the security guards will instruct you to which lot is being parked. There are two dedicated trams running 10am-6pm and there will be route services running after 6pm.
- Inspiration. It is the big grass lot to the north of the Village main entrance. There will be signage to point guests and volunteers to the lot, but no dedicated tram service. It is within a few minutes walking distance.
- The Welcome Center. It is the parking lot right before you get to the security gate and enter property. There will be dedicated tram service from this lot.
- The Linkside Center. It is the lot on the north side of property. Go straight through the roundabout after entering the security gate. There will be signage and a dedicated tram.
- The Admin Lot. You will take a right at the roundabout immediately after entering property, but park on the east side of property. They will go straight through second roundabout until the come to Administrative Drive and follow signage and attendants. This also has a dedicated tram service.
Here are the FAQ.
- The festival is at the Village of Baytowne Wharf in Sandestin. The address is 9300 Baytowne Wharf Boulevard, Miramar Beach, FL 32550. here is a link to the map with tram locations.
- All volunteers must check in before their shift at Volunteer Check In and out at the end of your shift. This is located inside the Village. As you enter the breezeway, we will be located to the left near the grassy area.
- Dress is black or khaki shorts or pants for everyone, and comfortable shoes. You will be standing or walking in most cases. Everyone will be given a volunteer t-shirt to wear when they arrive. (Make sure to allow time to change.)
- We will also provide a Fisher House lanyard for you to wear that raises awareness of the great organization you are representing. Please drop the lanyard off at the check in tent when leaving and check out to verify your service.
- Purses, keys, valuables, etc. should be securely stored prior to arrival. Lockers are not available and we want your items safe.
- Parking can be difficult during the event, particularly if you are volunteering on later shifts. Plan to allow at least 60 minutes to park. For those of you on the second shifts, you may want to allow more time.
- Motorcycles are not allowed in Sandestin. If you drive one, you will be asked to park at the lot near the gate and take the shuttle. Please allow extra time for this.
- Each volunteer will be trained on what to do when they arrive at the event, so please plan to arrive on time.
- At the end – Pourers / Bucket people should empty their black tray, jug, bucket and all empties are stacked neatly behind. Someone should stay with the liquor until it is picked up at each tent.
- Volunteers are NOT permitted to drink Before OR During their Volunteer shift.
- Water and snacks will be available for volunteers at volunteer check in. Please be prepared to fuel prior, exercise patience, and remember we are representing Fisher House.
- Please be flexible as you are volunteering and if you sign up, please show up. Your absence will be felt by others who do show up and are asked to do more than their load due to unplanned vacancies. There may also be times when you may be moved to various locations depending on where more help is needed. We want this to be a great experience for everyone…volunteers and patrons.
- Email reminders will be sent the day before the event. If you need to reach us the weekend of the festival, please call or text 850-259-4956. Other volunteers may have access to this phone and may not respond timely. Please leave a message or text and your call will be returned as soon as possible.